General FAQ

What do I need to apply?

At Triple S Holdings, we work hard to make sure the rental process is as easy and convenient as possible. To fill out an application, you will need to come in and fill out a short, two page application. You will also need to bring a valid driver’s license and ID, and most recent paycheck stub, if possible. If you do not have a pay stub available, you will need to provide it before completing the lease. On the application, you will also need to supply your current landlord’s name and phone number, two credit references, and two personal references. Filling out the application usually takes less than 10 minutes.

Do you perform credit or background checks?

Triple S Holdings does not perform a hard credit check or background check that will affect your credit report or credit score. Triple S Holdings may contact your current landlord as well as the credit references you provide to get information such as current rent amount, number of late payments, and payment history. You must sign a release of this information upon completing your application.

Can I fill out the application online?

At this time, applications are not being accepted online. You may request a PDF application to print and fill out. Since the application includes private information such as your employer, current income, and social security number, we ask that you do not send it back via e-mail. We ask that you bring the application in person, along with your identification and proof of income.


How long are your lease agreements?

All lease agreements are for 12 months. Under special circumstances, we may agree to a six month lease. Rent will be increased to compensate for the shorter lease at our discretion, usually 20-25%. All leases that are not for 12 months must be approved by the owner.

How much is my rent?

We calculate our rent based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, how updated the property is, if there is a fenced in back yard or not, and other amenities. A list of properties, along with the rent amount, will be provided to you when you start looking for houses. Rent prices are also available on this website as well as Zillow for all houses that are available or will be available soon. 

When will my rent be due and when will it be considered late? How much are late fees?

All rent is due on the first of the month. Rent is considered late after the 5th, and a late fee equal to 10% of your monthly rent will be applied on the morning of the 6th. Rent is considered excessively late after the 10th and a $20 per day late charge will begin being applied on the morning of the 11th. Under special circumstances, we may set your rent date to be due on a different day of the month. The same late fees will be applied after being late 5 days and daily fees will start after 10 days late.

How much are NSF (Non-sufficient Funds) Fees?

If we receive a returned check for non-sufficient funds, a $35 fee will be added to your account and your entire balance will be due immediately. Once we receive a returned check, we will require all future payments to be made by cash, debit/credit card, or cashier’s check/money order.

Are there any restrictions on who can live with me?

Generally, there are no restrictions on who can live with you. During the lease process, you will need to provide us names of every person that will be living with you full or part time, including children. Triple S Holdings does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age, or genetic information.

Who is responsible for repairs?

The general rule is: If you caused the damage,  you are responsible. This includes clogged sewer pipes caused by toilet paper or foreign objects, frozen water pipes, light bulbs, broken windows, broken door knobs, damage to floors or carpet, damage to painted surfaces or counter-tops caused by you or your guests, and pest control (if desired). We understand that normal wear and tear will happen. We will maintain and repair the hot water heater, central air and heat (except damage caused by failing to maintain a clean air filter at all times), bathroom and kitchen sinks and fixtures, stove and oven, roof, and electrical system (except damage caused to electrical fixtures by tenant or tenant’s guests.)

Can I change the door locks?

No. If you change the door locks, a $250 fee will be added to your account. If you have issues with the locks, or concerns about them, please contact the office to discuss your concern.

Can I make alterations or improvements to the house or property?

You must receive written permission to make any alterations or improvements to the house or property. This includes, but is not limited to, paint, building or removal of structures, and building or removal of fencing. Any additions or alterations to the property will become the property of Triple S Holdings. Do not place a satellite dish, antennae, or any other equipment on the roof.

Can I sub-let the property or charge others for rent?

You may not sublease or assign the lease or use of the premises without the written consent of Triple S Holdings.

Does the rent include utilities?

No. Your monthly rent payment to Triple S Holdings is just rent and does not include utilities. You are responsible for utilities including electricity, gas (if applicable), water, sewer, and trash pickup. In the city limits of Minden,  your electricity, water, sewer, and trash pickup are all on one bill through the City of Minden. Gas, if applicable, is provided by Centerpoint Energy.

Who is responsible for maintaining my yard?

Unless you live in a duplex or 4-plex,  you are responsible for your own yard maintenance. The City of Minden has an ordinance requiring property to be maintained at all times. If we receive a letter of complaint from the City of Minden, we will give you five (5) days to bring the property up to city standards. If you do not comply within five days, we will come and mow/clean the property and either a.) you will receive a bill for the materials and labor used to mow/clean the property, or b.) you will receive an eviction notice for failure to meet your lease agreement by allowing your property to be in violation of a city ordinance.

How much is my security deposit, and will I get it back?

Security deposits must be paid at the signing of the lease. The deposit amount will be equal to your monthly rent. The deposit is refundable after you complete your entire lease. You must give a 30 day written notice that you intend to vacate the premises in order to receive your refund. Your security deposit is not your last month rent and will not be used to cover your last months rent. After moving out, we will do an inspection of the property. We may withhold part or all of your security deposit for damage (beyond normal wear and tear) such as holes in the wall, broken knobs, doorhandles, etc. We may also withhold part of your refund if the property is not left clean.

Can I have pets?

We do allow pets with an additional $250 pet deposit, per pet. You must be able to provide vaccination records from a veterinarian. We do not allow violent or vicious animals. Triple S Holdings reserves the right to deny any pet for any reason.

General FAQ

Do you accept Section 8, HUD, or other housing vouchers?

No. Triple S Holdings does not accept Section 8, HUD, or any other housing vouchers. 

Will you hold a house for me?

We will not hold a house without a deposit. If you tour a house after hours (after 5 p.m.), we will give you until about lunch the next day to come to the office and complete the necessary paperwork and pay your deposit. If you are able to put down a deposit, but not the first month’s rent, we will hold the house for 7-10 days while you get ready to move. You will get a key and your lease will begin when you come pay your first month’s rent. Please note that deposits are non-refundable until you complete your lease.

What options do I have to pay my rent?

You can pay your rent at the office, located at 1380 Homer Rd. in Minden, using cash, check, debit, credit, money order, or cashier’s check. Our office hours are Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. We have a drop slot in the front door to drop your payment by after hours. For security reasons, please do not leave cash in the drop box. You can also pay by phone (318-377-4837) using a debit or credit card. We also have an online payment option. For more information, click ‘Pay Online’ on the main menu.

I’m going to be late paying my rent. What do I need to do?

If you are going to be late paying your rent, you need to contact the office immediately. It is always better to communicate your problems to us than to ignore us. Late fees will still apply, but we may be able to work out arrangements to help you get caught up.

I need to leave before my lease is up, what do I need to do?

First, contact the office as soon as you know you are going to have to move and let them know the date you will be out. If you have not completed your lease, you will not be eligible to receive your security deposit refund. Please note that your security deposit will not be used to cover your last month’s rent and you will be responsible for any balance remaining when you leave.

I have completed my lease, does that mean I have to move?

Absolutely not. Once a lease is complete, it continues on a month-to-month basis. You are welcome to stay as long as you would like. All information in the lease agreement still applies including late fees, duty to maintain, etc.

Am I allowed to transfer to another Triple S Holdings property while still in my lease?

Generally, we do not like to do transfers. If transferring is necessary, we will add a transfer fee at our discretion. If the rent amount at the new property is higher, you will be responsible for the difference in the security deposit. If the rent amount is less, the difference in the security deposit will be applied to your account. If you have completed your lease, please contact the office to discuss options. All transfers must be approved by the owner. We reserve the right to deny any transfer at any time for any reason.

Non-Discrimination Policy: Triple S Holdings does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age, or genetic information.